Thursday, January 20, 2011

Game Day

It's game day. There are no words to describe the feeling, but perhaps could be related to sticking a fork in a plug socket. I can almost feel the electricity streaming through my body.

For some reason, to which i don't understand...but have faith in, I feel ready for whatever happens. Whether i clip the chains at the top of the route, or fall 10ft off the ground, it's ok. It's ok because i know that this moment does not define me, but only strengthens me. I know that i'm not the strongest...but some times...some times when the stars align just right, when God says, "I've got you, don't worry", it doesn't take the strongest "to go chains". It just takes a "once in a blue moon–magical moment". This time i'm going to take a pass at saying uncle. There will be no letting go, no resting, just climbing...and climbing fast.

Last night at the athlete dinner i drew #3. Since my arrival to Saas Fee, i was praying that i wouldn't be put near the bottom again. Waiting in isolation for hours can take a toll on your mental state. It's rough. And not only that, but by the time 60+ competitors have gone before you, the ice on the route is typically trashed, making it harder to climb. Well wouldn't you know it, as i drew out my number, the #3 came out...prayer answered. Fresh ice, no waiting–this is good.

I'm going to pack my bag now and get ready for the Mixed Climbing World Cup in Saas Fee Switzerland.

Game on.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Seriously, decent content. Thanks for expressing these types of goods. I seriously get pleasure from it